Thursday, April 16, 2009

two weeks in

So I've been here for two weeks but some reason it feels like i've been here forever. I've finally settled into an apt although temporary for 3 months till I can find a proper roommate. I started work and HK people work long hours. First day I got in at 8:30am and left at 7pm. So yeah yay for pictures!
I think it's so awesome that in such a busy sophisticated city you can still find places like this.

View from my little cubicle.


Saw this when I was riding in a taxi.
1 I look up to the mountains—
does my help come from there?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth!

3 He will not let you stumble;
the one who watches over you will not slumber.
4 Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never slumbers or sleeps.

5 The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
6 The sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon at night.

7 The Lord keeps you from all harm
and watches over your life.
8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go,
both now and forever.

Psalm 121


Times Square

Maid Cafe! Basically it's a cosplay thing kinda like anime and the waitresses dress up as french maids and call you master. Yeah kinda weird... also you have to go up some ghetto old elevator but HK people love it!

So since I'm "new" in town I decided to wander one day and walked from Mongkok to Tsim Sha Tsui. Apparently I underestimated how far it was and ended up walking for about 2 hours where I finally got to the harbor to take a tourist pic! So I decided to be touristy and asked a family to take a picture for me in which they asked if I was by myself in a sad aww voice.


Mushrooms at Times Square! They always have the most random displays.

Dinner 红烧豆腐饭
Lunch at a mexican restaurant but no good =[ dang I wish I had carne asada fries!

Breakfast! 火腿通分 with 港式奶茶

4 comments:

  1. i would feel really.. dirty if a waitress dressed in a french maid costume called me "master". veery creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, lydia, did u hear that place from the TV show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice pics! I trust yr chinese will improve rapidly. ;) How do u like yr new job?
    Minkey

    ReplyDelete